Founded in 1931, Bridgestone has always been guided by the philosophy of its founder to “Serve Society with Superior Quality.” Always known for producing one of the highest quality golfballs in the industry, the brands latest J40 line is no different and is currently used by WGC-Match Play Champion, Matt Kutchar and Brandt Snedeker.
Bridgestone’s newest better-player game improving drivers and fairway woods help reduce spin, maximizing distance off both the tee and the deck.
J40 445 Driver
The J40 445 (9.5, 10.5 and 12 degrees of loft) promotes a mid-to-high launch trajectory with low spin for long, accurate drives. The new Bridgestone Golf J40 445 Driver’s key design features include:
- 445 cc round clubhead shape designed for Tour-level stability
- short hosel for maximum control
- deep face for increasing vertical gear effect
- 6-4 titanium, 4-piece head construction that allows Bridgestone to move discretionary weight to the perimeter of the clubhead for increased MOI and less twisting at impact
- Bridgestone’s proprietary Variable Face Thickness Design providing increased mass on the face towards the heel and toe of the club for higher ball speed on off-center hits
J40 430 Driver
The J40 430 (8.5 and 9.5 degrees of loft) is designed to promote a controlled low to mid-launch with very low spin. The new Bridgestone Golf J40 430 Driver’s key design features include:
- traditional 430 cc pear shape head
- longer hosel for maximum workability
- deep face for the ultimate in spin reducing distance
- 6-4 titanium, 4-piece clubhead that allows Bridgestone the ability to modify the weight distribution for enhanced forgiveness on mis-hits
- Variable Face Thickness Design that increases ball speed on off-center hits
J40 Fairway Woods
The J40 Fairway Woods are constructed of 17-4 stainless steel and utilize the same low-spin technology found in the drivers including the new Variable Face Thickness Design and thinner crown for enhanced perimeter weighting. The J40 Fairway Woods offer a slightly larger clubhead size than their predecessor to inspire confidence at address, and provide more forgiveness on mis-hits. The J40 Fairway Woods utilize a Tungsten weight positioned at the heel to ensure the optimal center of gravity location. Available in 14 (3+), 16 (4), and 18 (5) degrees of loft, this new line is a must have.
The hybrids, part of Bridgestone’s comprehensive J40 club launch, boast design improvements in clubhead shaping and weighting and are Bridgestone’s longest, most forgiving utility clubs to date.
The J40 hybrids feature:
- longer heel-to-toe design for more forgiveness on off-center hits
- 17-4 stainless steel casting for the ultimate in soft-but-solid feel
- clubhead shaping and tungsten weighting designed to increase stability and distance with a draw bias on all shots
- Bridgestone’s proprietary Variable Face Thickness Design providing increased mass on the perimeter of the face for higher ball speed on off-center hits
The new precision-forged J40 series offers two different iron models, providing greater precision and softer feel for a variety of golfers. Both sets are premium forged from 1020 mild carbon steel for the ultimate in soft feel and feature conforming grooves for optimum distance and spin control and come standard in a set of 5-pw.
J40 Forged Dual Pocket Cavity – Building on the innovative weight management system introduced by its predecessor, the J40 Forged Dual Pocket Cavity irons are designed for the serious player that demands a buttery feel and more traditional topline, but needs a bit more help with squaring the clubface at impact. The J40 Dual Pocket Cavity irons key design features include:
- midsize head for producing a mid-to-high launch
- revamped dual pocket cavity that provides increased Tour Stability by moving more discretionary weight to the perimeter, creating even higher MOI than the previous version
- improved leading edge relief to help prevent digging in softer conditions
J40 Forged Cavity Back – The J40 Forged Cavity Back irons offer the ultimate balance between form and function. The J40 Forged CB’s striking good looks and clean traditional design is tailor made for better players who prefer a classy no-frills look and thin topline at address. The J40 Forged Cavity Back irons key design features include:
- compact head with higher face progression for a mid-height launch
- unique v-cut cavity design that places more mass higher on the clubface for a higher center of gravity, resulting in a more controllable, penetrating ball-flight
- tapered sole-design for more versatility in shot making, allowing players to ‘work the ball’ and more easily control trajectory
- enhanced trailing edge relief for better performance from a variety of lies, especially out of the rough
The new J40 wedges feature Variable Bounce Technology for precise shot execution from a variety of turf conditions as well as standard Dynamic Gold™ Spinner shafts.
- compact head size for optimized shot precision
- increased surface roughness from machine milling for maximum spin among conforming grooves
- 8620 soft mild carbon steel head construction for optimum feel around the greens
J40 wedges are offered in two performance finishes to complement the clubs’ finely crafted machine-milled look. The Black Oxide finish provides a glare-reducing appearance at address and the timeworn rusting preferred by many professional and amateur golfers. The J40 Satin Chrome finish features a traditional, bright, rust-resistant finish. Both colors are available in 52, 54, 56, 58 and 60 degrees of loft.
Bridgestone Golf equipment and accessories are exclusively distributed in the Philippines by Pacsports. Additional information including store locations can be found on its website: www.pacsports.com. Product demo / review to follow. – WH